Today’s guest is Stacey Roberts, of Veggie Mama fame and soon-to-be co-host of Jackrabbit.FM’s newest show: Sweet Teen Club.
Brooke and Stacey talk about negative relationships and how they drove her to learn about mindfulness, as well as what she’s discovered from a decades-long meditation practice. They also talk about the issue of simple living sometimes making life more complex and Stacey has some insight into why it’s far more important to do what you enjoy rather than what you “should” do. They also talk about the importance of saying no, having fun and what Stacey means by ‘pretty minimalism’.
Don’t forget that next week we start publishing two shows a week (Exciting!) and next Monday we kick off our first month-long experiment by giving up sugar. If you want to play along with us, head over to Facebook or Twitter and tag your posts with #slowhomeexperiment.
Until then though, enjoy!
- Veggie Mama
- Southern fried tofu recipe
- Vegetarian ‘fish’ cakes
- Pretty minimalism and dealing with the clutter trap
- Ekhart Tolle
- Social: Facebook | @Veggie_Mama | IG: @veggie_mama
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Twitter or Instagram
- #slowhomeexperiment if you decide to play along with our monthly experiments starting Feb 1.
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Today’s Sponsor: Audible.com – Click here for a free 30-day trial and free audiobook