Do you dream of living in an unconventional home?
A yurt? A campervan? A tiny house? A converted barn? I dream of living in a canvas tent one day – a little like Oriel Lamb in Cloudstreet but with more nature and fewer ghosts.
My guest in today’s episode of The Slow Home Podcast lives in a tiny home… built inside an old airplane hangar.
Katie Clemons is a pilot, writer, journal-maker, mother, wife and all-round lovely human, and today we chat about the impact simple living has had on her life over the past few years, as she has become a mother, moved halfway around the world and started a new business.
We also dig in to the time she and her husband spent living in Germany and look at how Katie’s training as a pilot has impacted her life in very unexpected ways.
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Katie’s blog: Making This Home
- Journal Store: Gadanke
- Katie on Twitter: @gadanke
- Gadanke on Facebook
- How Katie and Martin built their gorgeous home inside an old airplane hangar
- Episode 2 of The Slow Home Podcast with Joel Zaslofsky and experience curation
- Episode 5 of The Slow Home Podcast, where I walk through my morning rhythm.
- Katie’s wonderful TedX Talk on storytelling and the power it holds in creating a more intentional life. (This is really wonderful and totally worth watching).
- Austin Kleon’s work on creating a Have Done List, as opposed to a To Do List
Just a final reminder too, that Founding Membership to The Bloom closes at midnight on Friday 15th May (AEST). If you want to join a brand new community of like-minded people building slower, simpler lives, and if you want to get a 50% discount off your first three months, head over here to join.
Curious to know more? You can learn more about The Bloom and how it will help you create a simpler life here.