Cultural differences make our travels so much more interesting (if somewhat complicated at times!). In Episode 12 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast, we talk about culture clash, and the differences we discover when we travel abroad.
Stephen Henson has spent many years travelling back and forth to China, as well as doing business there, and has many tales to tell – today’s stories about the value of luxury and the importance of appearances in modern-day China are fascinating.
Amanda then speaks to Adam Beck of Bilingual Monkeys about his experiences both on arrival in Japan some twenty years ago, and more recently when he has the experience of reverse culture shock when he visits his home country.
- Journeys with Stephen
- Adam Beck at Bilingual Monkeys
- Adam’s new book, Maximise Your Child’s Bilingual Ability
- Mike Campbell’s Live Immediately
- Live Immediately on Instagram
- Washing the dishes Australian style
- Follow-up post with more on washing the dishes in Australia
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Chat on Facebook