This is Episode 2 of Season 1.
We continue to explore what matters most, and what decisions to prioritise when designing your new or renovated home.
In this episode, we’ll talk about all things NORTH.
This will help you get it right if you’re seeking ways to make your home feel great, and also if you have you have a north-facing home.
So what do you need to be aware of with northern sunlight?
And how should you optimise this to make your home feel great?
Let’s dive deeply into:
- What northern sunlight is like
- What’s not great about northern light
- How we need to shade and shelter from northern light
You’ll understand in detail:
- What rooms need to be facing north
- What rooms don’t need to be facing north
- A trick if you’re trying to stretch your budget and create great living spaces
And if you have a north-facing home, you’ll learn:
- What your priorities should be if you’re designing a home for a north-facing orientation
- What to do if your home doesn’t face due north (but faces north-east, or north-west, for example)
- What can go wrong in designing for northern sunlight
- What happens when we get this right in our homes
- What else you need to know about designing for a north-facing home
Head to www.undercoverarchitect.com/north for more information, as well as some images of projects to inform and inspire you.
There’s a lot of great information crammed into this podcast … you may want to take notes!