It’s common for people to make big changes in their life after a traumatic event like illness, loss or breakdown, but is it possible to change before we hit that point?
“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” (Nelson Mandela)
Both Kel and Brooke have had to make some pretty massive life changes after reaching breaking point over the past few years, and in today’s episode they talk about change – more specifically, why they think it took them getting to that breaking point to actually make the changes they needed.
What both Brooke and Kel realise in today’s conversation is that self-awareness is key in making adjustments in life before things get to breaking point, but also going through the breakdown and subsequent transformation is what has given them that self-awareness.
Kelly also talks through a blog post of hers that explores the seven reasons you can’t make changes you want (and how to overcome them), which includes:
- We feel trapped/like we have no options
- I’ve tried changing but nothing works
- This is just how life is
- I know changes need to be made, but I’m too exhausted
- People won’t accept the changes I need to make unless things are desperate
- Surely if I just keep pushing I’ll get there (but we don’t actually know what ‘there’ looks like
- I don’t deserve anything better than what I’ve got right now
- Grab your ticket to A Simpler Way – a half-day event in Perth with Brooke, Kelly and Alexx Stuart here
- Say hi on Twitter and IG #letitbepod
- Subscribe via iTunes