One of the biggest impediments to creating an intentional life is boundaries – or rather, a lack of boundaries.
When we lack boundaries, or don’t take the time to understand them ourselves, we end up compromising on how we live our lives. We say yes to things we don’t want to do, we procrastinate and lose time and get frustrated.
Today Kel and Brooke talk about the idea of boundaries, why they’re important, what boundaries they each have in place in their day-to-day lives and which ones they continue to work on.
They also look at how we can work to create or strengthen boundaries and Kel has a helpful process that walks through the best way to implement them.
- Three Pillar Approach to boundaries, via BPD Family
- Defining values (Knowing what you want)
- Asserting boundaries (Communicating what they are – both to yourself and others)
- Honoring and defending (actually sticking to them. Being consistent is the most important thing)
- Say hi on Twitter and IG #letitbepod
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher