Is there anyone on this earth who actually enjoys house cleaning? In this episode Carly and Kelly talk about their house cleaning hacks and how they keep their homes liveable without spending all day with a vacuum in their hands.
- Get a Roomba – perfect for in between cleans!
- Find a podcast you love and dedicate it to cleaning. That way you’ll actually look forward to cleaning.
- Work as a team. Dedicate a specific time to cleaning and make everyone in the house clean at that time. That you know everyone is chipping in!
- Designate a spot for every single item in your house. This takes a really long time to do but it’s worth it. When you see an empty spot, you know something is missing.
- Get a cleaner. This might not be financially viable for a lot of people but for others it’s just a matter of getting over that road block in your head of paying someone to do something you can do yourself. If you genuinely can’t afford it, that’s fine but if you drop $50 at the pub every second night, you can definitely afford a cleaner.
- Go to bed every night this week with a clean kitchen. It doesn’t matter if the bathroom is covered in clothes, just make sure your kitchen is clean. Do this every night for 7 nights and see how you feel. It’s all about creating a habit and enforcing the positive feelings you get from living in a tidy environment.
- Check out Carly’s de-clutter challenge – It’s just a 7 day challenge to get your house de-cluttered and under control – 1 20 minute challenge per day. Super achievable and your house will be much more liveable by the end of the weekend.