There is so much confusion around food these days. Are carbs in or out now? Is sugar actually evil? Why are egg white omelettes a thing?
Carly and Kelly have huge personal interest in this area – Carly from a general health and weight management point of view, Kelly because she’s been an athlete, and studied exercise science at University. So they’ve read everything there is to read about diet and food and in this three part series, they will attempt to simplify things as much as possible.
In today’s episode they cover:
- What the word ‘diet’ actually means
- Why it’s ok to feel hungry
- Why it’s the tiny little bit ‘extra’ that you eat each day that’s probably holding you back from losing weight rather than any big binges you’re having here and there
- Why calories do matter
- Why ‘moderation’ is the worst dietary advice ever
- Where alcohol fits in
- The difference between dietitians, nutritionists and doctors