This is the third episode of Kelly and Carly’s three-part series attempting to demystify diet and food and today they’re talking about creating good food habits – mainly drawing from their own personal experience.
In this episode they cover:
- Not having any non-nourishing food in the house
- Buying treats one at a time/in small single portion sizes
- The strategy of convenience/inconvenience
- Choosing to prioritise health over saving money
- Having 5 cups of veggies every day
- Getting comfortable with being hungry
- Serving yourself on a smaller plate
- Spending calories wisely
- Always sitting down to eat
- Drinking HEAPS of water
- Making good choices 80% of the time so that you can be more relaxed 20% of the time
- 10 good habits you can build around food
- Alexx Stuart’s Low Tox Life website for great, ‘real food’ recipes and her ‘Thrive’ program: Raising kids who love real food.
- Straight and Curly Episode 5: Eat 5 cups of veggies every day
- Carly’s Wholesome Habits challenge: come join in the fun in the Straight and Curly Facebook group – Carly will share the challenge in there.