Are you finding that you spend a scary percentage of every day staring at computer or phones screens? Do you feel buzzed and burnt out most evenings? It might be time for you to get a non-electronic hobby.
Screen-free hobbies are scientifically proven to help you manage stress AND improve your general happiness. Break out those coloured pencils and lets get cracking!
In this episode Carly and Kelly talk about the benefits of screen free hobbies, how to find the perfect hobby for you and how to make time in your day for your hobby without feeling guilty about it.
- Spend some time thinking about the things you enjoyed doing in school and try them as an adult.
- Experiment with all different kinds of things – physically, sedentary.
- Don’t feel guilty – so many people don’t have hobbies because they guilty about spending the time on them but it’s bollocks.
- Try a group hobby with regular meet ups.
- Book yourself in for a class of some description this week.
- Have a think about the kinds of activities you default too – even it’s reading that totally counts. Join a book club and commit to making that your main screen-free hobby.
- When you’re doing your hobby, put your phone away. This is about pleasure and about escaping screens so banish your screens from your special place.