Carly’s not the hugest fan of personality tests because she thinks anything that requires people to self-assess needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Meanwhile, Kelly loves them (because her personality type LOVES personality tests!).
In this episode the girls share a bit about how personality testing even came about, how effective they actually are, and whether they really help with self-awareness. They also run through some of the most popular personality tests on the market and the insights they’ve gained about themselves from those tests.
- Kelly’s written a whole blog series about using the Myers-Briggs personality typing to figure out what makes you ‘buzzy’
- Study by Dr Kevin Bradley about the effectiveness of personality tests when used for employment purposes
- Study that tries to determine whether self-awareness has improved since doing a personality test
- Personality tests we mention:
- Join the Straight and Curly group on Facebook!