If you struggle to concentrate this is the episode for you. If you constantly find yourself reaching for your phone ever 5 seconds when you’re supposed to be getting work it is ESSENTIAL that you listen to this podcast.
This week we introduce you to 2 different tried tested timer techniques. The Pomodoro and the 52:17.
In this Episode Carly and Kelly talk about how you can use timers to kick your own butt at work and get things done. We also help you figure out timer method you need depending on what your task is and who much you’re procrastinating.
- Figure out if your task is a sprint or a marathon and apply the correct technique accordingly
- Be super vigilant. Work you butt off when the timer is ticking and take proper breaks when it’s not. If you can’t handle a full 20 minutes try doing a shorter 10-min stint.
- Try Flow State – an app that deletes what you’ve been writing if you stop for longer than 7 seconds. It’s terrifying and awesome.
- Pick a timer – you can just grab a little digital clock timer. Don’t get fancy with your timer. You literally need it to beep at regular intervals – it doesn’t need to Cartier and covered in diamonds. Just pick a timer and get on with it.
- Try to avoid user the timer on your phone especially if you’re just starting out with timers. Phones are so distracting and very few people have enough will power to pick up their phone and turn off the timer without checking the messages that just came through.
- Have a go at either the Pomodoro or the 52:17 whichever works best for you needs today.