Here’s the thing: there’s no such thing as ‘motivation’.
The only difference between people who do things and people who don’t is that the people who do things, do things. That’s it. No one has a special motivation gland they were born with.
But … Carly and Kelly do understand it’s more difficult for some people to jump into action than it is for others. So that’s what they’re discussing into today’s show: if you can’t rely on motivation to get things done, what CAN you rely on!
This week they cover:
- Managing expectations of yourself better
- Giving yourself permission to make changes slowly
- Fall in love with the process over the outcome
- Pretend you’re in a movie montage
- Let it go
- Set a reward
- Find joy in the completion of tasks
- James Clear: The myth of passion and motivation
- Smaggle: How To Stay Motivated When You’re Giving Something Up
- Kelly Exeter: Permission to make change slowly