Like book club, but better. Every week Carly Jacobs and Stacey Roberts go deep into nostalgia town. Most weeks they’ll dig into a book from Francine Pascal’s Sweet Valley High series, but other weeks? Well, let’s just say it’s going to get very 90s in here.
In this special sneak peek preview episode, meet the ladies behind Sweet Teen Club and find out what exactly it is they love (or not) about Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield.
We’re launching late January with a monster 5-episode week, so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a thing!
- Sweet Valley Confidential
- Shannon’s Sweet Valley High Blog: also recaps some of the other editions, and has a wonderfully in-depth character list with images
- The Dairi Burger: Robin Hardwick spent six years recapping the books she wrote a book about it once she was done, called “If You Lived Here, You’d be Perfect By Now, an unofficial guide to Sweet Valley High”, which includes recaps of several hundred episodes.
- Snark Valley
- Red Lemonade
- A Critical Analysis of Sweet Valley’s Most Famous Twins also has fun trivia and facts and:
- Keeps track of how much time has elapsed since the previous book (one site said they kept track of the time and by book 45, Jessica and Liz had been 16 for 40 months)
- Has random info about other characters
- Has a scannable timeline of events
- Stacey’s Goodreads Page
- Sweet Valley Ten Years Later – Quizzes and fun stuff:
- Where we got the books:
- Stacey’s Sweet Teen Club pinboard
Get in touch
- Use the hashtag #sweetteenclub and let us know where you listen to the show
- Carly: Smaggle.com || @smaggle
- Stacey: theveggiemama.com || @veggie_mama
Help us out
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, we’d love you to leave a rating or review on iTunes to help other 90’s teen-obsessed people find us and join the club.
Also, drop us a line with your 90s pop culture suggestions!