In today’s episode, Brooke and Ben talk through the ‘three things’ idea. That is, limiting our to-do lists to three main tasks every day, rather than the dozens of items we often put on our lists, despite knowing we will not be able to get them done.
Brooke used to be a big list maker, overwhelming herself with far too many tasks every day, leaving her feeling defeated before beginning, and like a failure when she finished a day having left most of her tasks unfinished. When she made the change to a to-do list of three things only, a few things happened:
- She became more productive
- She felt less anxious and overwhelmed
- She was able to move ahead on more projects because she was committed to taking steps every day, rather than only occasionally
In this poggie Ben and Brooke talk through why they prefer this approach, but also how to try it yourself. You can combine last week’s ritual of the Brain Dump with this one, to create a powerhouse ritual of productivity every day!
Head over to the blog for a full blog post and show notes, and have a great week!
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app:
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.