In today’s episode Brooke and Ben are wrapping up the simple rituals series with a poggie all about gratitude.
Brooke believes that gratitude gets a bit of a bad wrap, because we see it as an attempt to Pollyanna ourselves out of challenging situations, or to avoid dealing with negative feelings. But she’s a convert to the power of gratitude, and today she and Ben talk about how making it part of your day can not only help you see the positive in your day-to-day life, but also shift your mindset into one of contentment and peace.
They talk about their own approaches to gratitude, as well as some other, practical, non-bragging ways of practising gratitude, including:
- taking photos
- documenting on Instagram
- Liz Gilbert’s Happiness Jar
- nightly ritual of gratitude at the dinner table
- thanking your self or your body during meditation, prayer, yoga, exercise
This week’s action is very simple: commit to a daily practise of gratitude. It doesn’t need to be over the top or public, but just take a moment to recognise the wonderful things that have been part of your day – big or small, it doesn’t matter – and then reflect on it.
Head over to the blog for a full blog post and show notes, and have a great week!
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app:
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.