Let us give you fair warning: the next few Monday shows are all about cleaning your home BUT BEFORE YOU GO AWAY BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS INSANELY BORING just know that the info Ben and Brooke are going to share is actually interesting and relevant and designed to help you:
- save money
- use fewer toxic chemicals in your home
- simplify your cleaning routine
- minimise waste
- keep the same level of cleanliness as commercial cleaners
And while not everyone wants to spend ten minutes a week listening to people talk about cleaning, the fact is, each and every one of us needs to clean in some capacity, so why not make it simple and sustainable?
Today Brooke and Ben talk about the hero of green cleaning – bog-standard white vinegar. It’s what they use most in cleaning their house, and they talk about how they use it to clean the:
- kitchen tiles
- bench tops
- cupboard doors, handles and interiors
- fridge – inside and out
- microwave – inside and out
- pantry shelves
- shower glass
- bathroom tiles
- vanity top and cupboards
- wooden floors
- tile floors
They discuss whether it actually cleans as well as the commercial products, if it’s as hygienic as bleach, and whether they’ve noticed any difference since adopting green cleaning a few years ago. They also talk about the practicalities – how to use it, what equipment you need, and if there are any downsides.
Head over to the blog for links to some articles and resources mentioned in today’s show.
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app:
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.