A few weeks ago Brooke sat down to chat all things meditation with Kevin Janks – founder of Centred Meditation in Sydney. It was a fascinating look into Kevin’s journey from skeptic to practitioner and the benefits of meditation he’s experienced personally, as well as those he sees daily in his clients and students at the studio.
What Brooke failed to do though, was ask him how to actually meditate. (Quite the oversight, really!) When she started getting lots of questions wanting to know more about meditation, she knew she needed to sit down with Kevin again, but this time go back to basics.
In today’s poggie Brooke and Kevin talk about his definition of meditation and why it can be much simpler than we expect and he takes us through the simple process they teach at Centred Meditation. Brooke also asks him how long we need to meditate in order to start feeling the benefits and what kind of words or visualisations we need to practice.
Brooke also asks Kevin some of the most common questions she’s received over the past few weeks, including:
- What equipment do I need to start meditating?
- What apps does he recommend in order to learn meditation?
- How can I avoid falling asleep when I start meditating?
- Is there ever any reason to not meditate?
- How can I maintain a regular practice of meditation?
Then, blissfully, Kevin closes today’s episode with a simple guided meditation.
Head over to the blog for links to all of the apps and resources Kevin mentions in today’s show, as well as the full blog post.
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app:
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.