Today is the third and final episode in our meditation basics series and Kevin Janks is back for one final, insightful meditation mini-workshop.
In today’s workshop Kevin talks us through the notion of present moment awareness. That is, what it looks like to practice living specifically and solely in the present moment, by training ourselves to pay attention to each of our senses, one at a time. He talks us through the following ideas and then leads you through a brief guided meditation where you’ll have the opportunity to practice what you’ve learnt:
- This practise is all about being in the moment, simply because our senses are only ever in the moment (you can’t be touching something yesterday).
- By noticing what’s actually happening in our lives right now, we can liberate ourselves from the state of constant ‘rehearse and replay’ that at times dominates our lives.
- With practice, it quickly becomes quite easy to draw joy and love from even the most basic of events, like feeling the sun against your skin or observing a bird flying through the sky.
- Take time each day to simply observe your senses. Noticing sights and sounds are great to do whilst walking or commuting. Really observe the tastes of the food you are eating and begin exploring the depth of senses that surround us at any given time.
Enjoy today’s final workshop from Kevin, and if you’d like to download the meditation-only playlist from the last three weeks you can head over to the blog and listen any time you’d like!
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app:
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.