Today is another hostful episode and Brooke and Ben try their best to answer some cracking good questions. Including:
- I’m a 20 year old university student and a big advocate of slow living, but I feel like a lot of the content out there is targeted towards a different age group. What advice would you give to your 20 year old selves regarding slow living and what would you have done differently at that age if you’d been introduced to this idea sooner?
- Can you talk about school holidays and your thoughts on structured activities for your kids versus encouraging them to find their own fun?
- How do you navigate birthday parties? With sport friends, school friends, parent friends with their kids …. it can turn into a party every weekend! Kids love parties and being invited so much so that I think saying a flat out ‘no’ is almost cruel. And if you go and celebrate one child’s birthday, then isn’t it nasty to say no to another child? I’d also love to hear your thoughts on actually hosting a party and the gifts and the lolly bags etc.
- I am working from home and find myself distracted by laundry and dishes…I’d love to hear details about how you get work done. Specifically, your daily rhythm, how you set boundaries around work/home management etc.
- If the world were presented with a zombie apocalypse, do you think it would still be necessary to live a slow life? How well do you suppose you both might fare in that situation?
Turns out Brooke has some very real thoughts about birthday parties and zombies (not necessarily together) and Ben has some really excellent insights into how he breaks his work days in to chunks that allow him to get a lot of work done without getting overwhelmed or becoming distracted.
For resources and links mentioned in today’s episode, head over to the blog.
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Get the Jackrabbit.FM app: