James Wallman is an ex-adman and trend forecaster – which doesn’t necessarily sound like Brooke’s typical guest – but when you learn he is also the author of Stuffocation and the person who coined the phrase ‘experientialism’ it starts to make a lot of sense.
Brooke and James talk about minimalism’s branding issue and why he thinks that experientialism is the way to make a life of less stuff more appealing to the mainstream. They also look at the overwhelming number of choices we all face each day and why experiences will almost always trump stuff.
James also had some ridiculously straightforward advice for Brooke when she admits she sometimes feels so defeated by the rampant consumerism happening across the globe.
Such a thought-provoking conversation, sure to raise as many questions as it answers. Enjoy!
- Stuffocation by James Wallman
- Connect with James: @JamesWallman | Facebook
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Twitter or Instagram
- Head over to the Patreon page if you want to support the show financially. You can contribute as little as $1 a month and will be helping us keep the show running twice a week.