A few months ago Brooke received an email from a listener who was struggling with an insanely hectic work life. She’d just listened to an episode of the podcast where a guest suggested people who feel overworked should simply find a way to work fewer hours. And while she understood the meaning behind the advice, it didn’t apply to her life – at all.
She asked if there was a way she could use slow living to balance her full-time work with family and external commitments while still living an intentional life. Enter Scott Eblin.
Scott is a business and leadership coach who works with senior executives around the globe. He teaches them how to adopt mindfulness into their day-to-day work lives and why it will prove transformational not only in their work, but also their home and personal lives too.
Not only has Scott experienced being overworked and overwhelmed himself, he uses mindfulness, yoga and meditation to manage a debilitating neurological disease while working a demanding job.
Even if you don’t find yourself struggling with a hectic workplace, there are so many gems in this chat that apply to all areas of life. Brooke and Scott discuss the beauty and importance of taking baby steps every day, the best place to begin and Scott’s ridiculously easy advice to help everyone slow down – right now.
- The Eblin Group
- Scott’s blog
- Life GPS
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Buddha’s Brain by Rick Hanson
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Jack Kornfield
- Lama Surya Das
- Connect with Scott: @ScottEblin
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Twitter or Instagram
- Full blog post over on Slow Your Home
- Today’s Sponsor: Audible.com – Click here for a free 30-day trial and free audiobook