Episode 2 of the this family life podcast features a conversation between Nic and her dear friend Bron. They met when their eldest boys attended a Montessori kindergarten together, and while they don’t see each other anywhere near as much as they’d like, there’s always so much to say and share.
Bron shares so much valuable wisdom in this episode. She has two children now – a son 17 and a daughter 13. When they were nine and five years old, Bron separated from their father. The relationship break up was sudden and unexpected. Her life from this point took a very different path than she had ever envisaged.
In the episode, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from Bron are:
- The practicalities required and the emotional impact of shared custody
- The importance of listening to our kids
- Tips on approaching homework with teenagers
- Why we shouldn’t worry quite so much as we do
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Children are People Too – Louise Porter is a book Bron highly recommended and Nic highly recommends too for all parents with young kids. Nic has written about it a number of times on the blog and you can find a broad overview here. Porter has a great PDF you can download freely from her website on Guiding Children’s Behaviour.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod