In episode 3 of the this family life Nic chats with Lulu who lives in Perth, Western Australia. Lulu moved to Perth just over 6 years ago, when she was pregnant with her second child and a toddler in tow. Lulu knew nobody and was on the other side of the country to where her family lived. Now, she has amazing friends whom she sees almost daily and counts as her extended family.
In the episode, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up from Lulu are:
- How to make friends when you move to a new town
- The benefits from being involved with the kids schools
- How to manage the workload that comes from being on committees
- Why she takes time out to look after herself.
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Better than before – Gretchen Ruben – Lulu recommended this book and Nic also highly recommends it, particularly if you are struggling to create new habits or break old ones.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod