In this episode, Nic interviews a long term reader of the blog, Mia. Mia is a Melbourne based mum of two who works part time. Recently Mia made a planned decision to leave her fast paced job at a digital agency to take some time off and find a new job that allowed her more time for her family and her creative passions.
Mia has a great energy and has lots to share from her experiences, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on redesigning your life
- Tips on how to fit your personal creative pursuits into your day
- Tips on returning to work part time
- Working on friction points in the family
- Encouraging creativity in kids
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Monthly review – embracing the undone
- Family contribution schedule
Other useful links:
- Babies – this is a French documentary following the first year of four babies from different countries – one from San Fransisco, one from Tokyo, one from Namibia and one from Mongolia. Click the link to watch the documentary, it is quite amazing – thanks Mia for suggesting this.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod