Today Nic chats with a friend from her CrossFit gym, Sally. Sally is a mum to two boys and someone Nic finds quite inspiring. She has a lovely calm aura about her and a huge dash of fun. Sally has returned to study this year while working part time and fitting in adventures like the Oxfam 100km walk. All of this while adjusting to life with her husband’s loss of vision three years ago.
Sally is wise and has lots to share from her experiences, some highlights of the wisdom you will pick up:
- Tips on choosing a study option to work with the family
- Fitting study and fitness routines into your day
- Adjusting to changes in family life
- Managing homework and technology with young boys
- Encouraging kids to find active interests they enjoy
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
Other useful links:
- Student2student – The Smith Family student2student program works by matching students who need to improve their reading with peer buddies who help and encourage them with their reading. Click the link to find out more about this fab program.
- Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod