In this podcast Nic chats to Brooke and Ben, who have two children aged five and seven and live in NSW, Australia.
This year they made huge changes to their life with Ben leaving his job to set up a business with Brooke. The business includes the fabulous JackRabbit.FM, the very podcast network that the this family life podcast is part of.
Brooke and Ben both share how they have adjusted to this new way of life and share many great tips on working mindfully together as parents including:
- Tuning in to non verbal cues from your partner
- Working in with each other to get done what needs to get done
- Sharing school drop offs and time in the classroom
- Tilting to the demands of life, rather than aiming for balance
- Trying small experiments to help gain permanent changes
Blog posts mentioned in the episode:
- Slow Living by Wendy Parkins, Geoffrey Craig
- Yes please by Amy Poehler
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod