In this episode, Nic chats to one of her best friends in the whole wide world, Cath! Cath and Nic grew up together so have known each other pretty much all of their lives. It is a friendship that Nic adores and cherishes.
The reason why Nic thought Cath would make a great guest on the podcast, (other than she is one of the best people Nic knows), is that Cath has tried pretty much every work and family combo you can think of.
Cath has worked part time at home, part-time outside of the home, she has worked full time and this year has chosen to take a career break to allow her to best manage an increased workload with the family. Her daughter has played a leading role in a musical for most of this year. Cath acknowledges that she is in a privileged position to be able to make this choice, but talks about how it wasn’t any easy decision for her to make.
In the podcast she also shares:
- Benefits of having kids close together and then with a bigger age gap
- Why her and her partner swapped roles for a year
- What changes they made when both parents were working full time
- How they managed school holidays when both working full time (including buying extra leave)
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel
- Children are people too – now called Parental Guidance Recommended by Dr Louise Porter
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Up the Duff by Kaz Cooke
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: | |
Subscribe to the show: |