Nicole learnt so much from this interview with Shae. Shae lives in Melbourne’s northern suburbs and has three girls aged 11, 9 and 7. Two of her girls have had an Autism Spectrum diagnosis. Shae is passionate about this and educating her girls which she does herself at home.
In the episode Shae shares:
- Why the chose home education
- How she takes “smoko” (a morning tea) break during the day with the girls
- How she needed to change her spontaneous approach to their days, to help accommodate the personalities of her kids
- How to cope with the assessment and diagnosis period
- How she started making small changes to improve her health and wellness
- Shae has also shared some of her parenting journey here – Free range in suburbia.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Challenging Assumptions in Education by Wendy Priesnitz
- Parenting for a Peaceful World by Robin Grille
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Sarah Buckley MD
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod
Connect with us: | |
Subscribe to the show: |