In this episode Nic has a lovely conversation with Marta. Marta has been a long time reader of the blog and they’ve exchanged emails, texts and Instagram comments, but this was the first time they had the opportunity to chat in real life.
From the beginning it’s clear to seeMarta’s love for her family, and how she is using planning to make life easier for them.
In the podcast Marta shares:
- How her and husband divide up the household tasks
- What their morning routine looks like
- The importance of support networks when you have a child with special needs
- The challenges and benefits of having one child
Mentioned in this episode:
- What to Expect the Second Year
- The Autism Discussion Page on the Core Challenges of Autism
- The Autism Discussion Page on Anxiety, Behavior, School, and Parenting Strategies
- MyTime – MyTime groups provide support for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone caring for a child with a disability or chronic medical condition.
- Women’s Wellness Day Retreat – Marta mentioned after the interview that she attended this event last year and found it beneficial.
Don’t forget to say hello on social media by using the hashtag #thisfamilylifepod