Merry Christmas! With Christmas just around the corner, Episode 37 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast turns to travelling at Christmas time and Amanda chats with several travellers who have spent Christmas in far flung parts of the world.
First up is Annalicia Lynn who had an interesting Christmas in Taiwan while she was teaching English there. Amanda and Annalicia chat about the cultural differences between many Asian countries and English-speaking nations and she has a very sweet story about how her Taiwanese colleagues tried to create a Christmas atmosphere in the workplace.
Emma Mann has recently started a tradition of spending Christmas abroad, and she talks about the difference between spending Christmas in another country where the traditions are strong, versus a place where Christmas generally isn’t celebrated.
Finally, Joe Baur from the Without a Path podcast chats about his current experience living in Germany at Christmas time – one of my favourite places to be during this season!
- Annalicia Lynn of Yoga & Pilates Online
- Emma Mann at The Vagabond Feminist
- Emma’s Flying Foodie blog
- Joe Baur’s Without A Path podcast
- Joe’s book on Costa Rica – Talking Tico
- Joe’s post on the Drachenburg Christmas Market
- Tim Minchin’s White Wine in the Sun
- Join our Facebook group
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Follow me on Facebook