What do you bring back from a trip besides photographs and stories? Amanda spoke with three Australian travellers about their favourite souvenirs and how important they are as a means for remembering travel experiences.
Sarah Ridout lived abroad in France, England and Ireland for over a decade before returning to Australia, and she collected a very smart kind of souvenir so that she’s constantly reminded of those experiences. Following Sarah, Amanda chats with Julie Jones who explained that the kinds of souvenirs she and her family bring home from a trip have changed over the years. Holly Galbraith then chats with Amanda about her aim to have ethically sourced souvenirs from her travels.
- Sarah Ridout’s website
- Sarah’s novel Le Chateau – hard copy (in Australia)
- Le Chateau in Kindle version
- Julie’s blog Have Wheelchair Will Travel
- Have Wheelchair Will Travel Facebook community
- Holly Galbraith’s website
- Holly’s Tourism Upgrade podcast
- Show notes: http://notaballerina.com/42
- Join our Facebook group
- Tweet @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Follow Amanda on Facebook