In Episode 31 Amanda is talking about the different ways, both good and bad, that the internet has changed travel – how we plan and book it, how we act when we’re travelling, even how much money we spend on it!
Jeff Ryan has a great perspective on this topic having spent 28 years gradually hiking the Appalachian Trail in the US. Over those three decades, he has seen the internet change many aspects of how he travels, and he has fully embraced them.
Lola Akinmade-Åkerström has, as always, something particularly thoughtful to say about how the internet has changed travel – and Amanda agrees that we need to use its power pretty mindfully to make the most of it.
Finally, Mark Wyld rejoices about how the internet has changed the way we book and plan travel – and how it can save us money, too.
- Jeff Ryan’s author website
- Jeff’s book, Appalachian Odyssey
- Lola’s site Geotraveler’s Niche
- Lola’s post from Ireland – The Farmer Who Inherited a Medieval Kingdom
- Wyld Family Travel
- Episode 21: Pros and Cons of the Internet for Travellers
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Chat on Facebook