Amanda is constantly amazed how creative and inspired she feels while she’s travelling – without even trying, the creativity just seems to well up in her and pour out. The best bit is, it turns out she’s not alone.
In Episode 52 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast, Amanda starts by chatting with Brooke McAlary about her experience of creativity when she’s on the road. Amanda was expecting her to cite her beloved mountains as a source of inspiration but in fact, the main reason travel sparks her creativity is something quite the opposite.
Amanda then chats with Australian novelist Sarah Ridout who has many wise words to say about the creativity that travel seems to encourage – whether that’s creativity to write or to draw or something else entirely.
Finally, Natasha Lester speaks about how her creativity process fits with travel when she’s researching her historical fiction novels, and we chat about refilling your creative tank.
- Giveaway of Sarah’s novel Le Chateau
- Brooke’s Slow Your Home website
- Brooke’s Slow Home Podcast
- Brooke’s new book, Destination Simple
- Sarah Ridout’s website
- Sarah’s novel Le Chateau – hard copy (in Australia)
- Le Chateau in Kindle version
- Natasha Lester’s website
- Natasha’s novel A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald
- Natasha’s new novel Her Mother’s Secret
- Join our Facebook group
- Tweet @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod