It’s time for another round-figure episode of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast, and Amanda is celebrating Episode 30 with a random mix of chats with some of her favourite travellers. What do they have in common? They’re all talking about topics which start with L and have four letters! That’s good enough for Amanda!
First up, she returns to the story of Martin Bailey, who moved to Japan pretty much on a whim 25 years ago to work in a lace factory. This move completely changed the trajectory of this life – but it also impressively helped him to become bilingual, thanks to a lot of hard work and determination on his part.
Next, at the special request of Amanda’s six-year-old son, she digs behind the scenes of the Lego Backpacker by finding out more about how Tom Parsons takes very cool pictures of his Lego minifigures at famous destinations around the world.
Finally, Amanda chats with Lola Akinmade-Akerstrom about transitions when moving from place to place (having moved from Nigeria to the United States and then on to Sweden, she has plenty of experience) and about the curiosity which unites travellers.
- Martin Bailey
- Martin’s photography tours and workshops
- Tom Parson of The Lego Backpacker on Instagram
- Lego Backpacker website coming soon
- Bored Panda collection of the Lego Backpacker
- Lola Akinmade-Akerstrom at her site Geotraveler’s Niche
- Ellen Barone’s post, mentioned by Lola – Where Would You Go If You Only Had a Few Weeks to Live?
- Ep 26 How to be Bilingual, with the start of Martin’s story
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Chat on Facebook