In Episode 9 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast Amanda returns to the topic of frightening parts of travels, because a lot of the time the story’s in the scary bits. What’s scary to one person might not worry someone else, but if something creates fear for you while you’re travelling, it’s probably something you’ll remember long after your trip is over.
Jean of Traveling Honeybird has a great story to tell about scary moments on a horseback trek though the mountains of Mongolia, and some tips and tricks to get through those frightening experiences. She and Amanda also swap tales of their fears of driving (or being driven) in cars without seatbelts at high speed!
Amanda then returns to her conversation with Candace Rose Rardon, as she shares a particularly scary moment had on a trek through Turkey.
- Jean at Traveling Honeybird
- Candace Rose Rardon at The Great Affair
- Candace’s book: Beneath the Lantern’s Glow
- An Innocent Abroad – Lonely Planet anthology featuring Candace’s story
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Chat on Facebook