Stereotypes of people by nationality are rife in the world, and come up all the time when we travel. In Episode 34 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast, Amanda chats with three people of different nationalities about their experiences with stereotypes on their travels.
Jeremy Kloberdanz of The Life Bohemian has an interesting story to tell about an immigrant man he and his wife met while travelling around Italy; a man who wasn’t what he seemed.
Lola Akinmade Åkerström, a Nigerian travel photographer living and working in Sweden, has a lot to say about pushing back against stereotypes and has a lot of wisdom to impart about sharing your own culture with others as well as learning about theirs.
New Zealander Tom Parson of The Lego Backpacker also has some wise words about stereotypes and speaks about his experiences when working in China in the management of a furniture design factory.
- Episode 4 on Smashing Stereotypes.
- Jeremy and Katie Kloberdanz of The Life Bohemian website
- The Life Bohemian Podcast
- Lola’s site Geotraveler’s Niche.
- Lola’s post about breaking down stereotypes on Women on the Road
- Tom Parson of The Lego Backpacker on Instagram.
- Lego Backpacker website coming soon.
- Join our Facebook group
- Tweet me @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Chat on Facebook