Travelling to unique places or travelling for unique reasons fascinates Amanda and the three guests she speaks with for Episode 56 of The Thoughtful Travel Podcast have some very unique stories to tell.
Starting off with fellow travel blogger Sharon Gourlay, they chat about her recent trip to a place that Amanda would love to see – North Korea. Politics aside, it’s simply a truly unique experience.
Next Amanda speak with Abby Lewtas, who has travelled a lot but had a stint travelling to North America and Europe for a particularly interesting sporting reason … but you’ll have to listen to find out what spot.
Finally, Amanda heard from novelist Rachael Johns. As a writer, she gets to see some really interesting places for interesting reasons, and one of these trips took her to a small and unique outback Queensland town.
- Sharon’s travel site Where’s Sharon
- Sharon’s post on North Korea
- Young Pioneers tours to North Korea
- Sharon on making money as a blogger
- Abby Lewtas’ website
- Abby’s reverse culture shock “Life After Travel” survey
- Rachael Johns’ website
- Rachael’s recent novel The Patterson Girls
- Amanda’s post on visiting Inis Meain in Ireland
- Join the Facebook group
- Tweet @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Follow Amanda on Facebook