Slow travel is easily one of Amanda’s favourite topics – taking your time when you travel instead of rushing around to see all the sights as fast as possible is a much more satisfying way to experience a new place, she thinks.
In Episode 44 Amanda chats with three like-minded guests, starting with Brooke McAlary who, as the creator of the Slow Your Home blog and the Slow Home Podcast certainly knows a lot about slowing down, and shares some great thoughts about slow travel.
Matt Treglia, Amanda’s second guest, is a younger traveller but a smart one: right from the beginning, he had a sixth sense that slow travel is the way to go and Amanda thinks he and his girlfriend are really doing it right.
Amanda’s final guest in this episode is Cait Flanders and we chat about her plans to spend a couple of months based in one place, getting to know it as the locals do.
- Brooke’s Slow Your Home website
- Brooke’s Slow Home Podcast
- Brooke’s new book, Destination Simple
- Matt’s site Words with Winos
- Words with Winos podcast
- Cait Flanders’ website
- Cait’s Budgets and Cents podcast
- Episode 13 – Takin’ it Slow – Travelling to Feel Like a Local
- Episode 25 – How Slow is Slow Travel?
- Show notes: http://notaballerina.com/44
- Join our Facebook group
- Twee @amandakendle
- Hashtag #thoughtfultravelpod
- Follow on Facebook